It’s the time again, the 10th of the month where we feature 10 of our favorite creative bloggers! This month’s theme is RED and there are so many fun projects to choose from; recipes, decor, and so much more! We’d love for you to pin the collage at the end of our project then go see all the other fabulous projects created by some of our friends. In the meantime, check out our super easy rustic LOVE barnwood sign tutorial:
Making this was a snap! Except for the heart sign (you can find similar styles at Joanns or Dollar Tree) each piece was all upcycled from Kelli’s rustic LOVE letters she had on her Valentine’s mantel last year; see the post for the original tute and where to find the letters. 😉
We love DecoArt’s chalky paint! We have used it here and here but decided to try it on a smaller scale and it worked perfectly! We covered the “V” in Yesteryear color and “distressed” each letter + the heart in the brown cream wax.
The wax provides the perfect amount look of “aged” with only one coat. We love fast crafting, for sure!
Once the paint was dry we simply hot glued the letters and heart down onto an old piece of barnwood from Kristi’s 100-year old shed. Viola! It has new life and my house has a new piece of decor!
Not sure where I’ll hang it permanently but it was fun to stage and play around with it! 😉 Oh, also pictured is my rustic stamped farmhouse bench, turquoise hutch makeover and cute props found and shared on instagram!
We would LOVE for you to show are 10 blogging sisters some love on their projects, too!
- Or So She Says | Chocolate Cherry Cream Pie
- Lolly Jane | Rustic Love Wood Barn Sign
- Your Homebased Mom | Red Raspberry Pavlova
- Eighteen 25 | Framed Burlap Heart
- Landeelu | Valentine’s Day Surprise Envelopes
- Little Miss Momma | DIY Glitter Mason Jars
- Capturing Joy | Cherry Cookie Dough Blondie Bar
- Thirty Handmade Days | Close to My Heart Gift Idea
- Simply Kierste | Newspaper Heart Blocks
- Six Sisters’ Stuff | Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookies
Happy 10th everyone! 4 more days until Valentine’s day and we hope one of these yummy recipes will make an appearance for your sweetheart! 😉