It’s been awhile since we made these pretty storage jars and we realized we never shared them on our own site, duh! We did share a brief rundown when we shared some pretty bathroom storage tips last year but figured it was time to share a quick step by step how to fancy up your mason jars. We love these recycled food jars turned pretty storage jars with glass knob tops, great way to upcycle something that would have gone in the trash!
This is a super easy project and we love the color combo! They coordinate with my personal decor style and especially that of my daughter’s room. I couldn’t be more pleased with how easy these knob jars turned out and guarantee you’ll love them just as much! This technique would be a perfect fit for bathroom organization too, just check out our distressed mason jar with a knob. Hopefully this gave you motivation to get organized in every room of your house for the new year!
S U P P L I E S:
- Acrylic paint.
- Foam brushes.
- Old food jars recycled or mason jars.
- Drill and bit.
- Assortment of knobs (we got most of ours at Hobby Lobby).
D I R E C T I O N S:
- Paint jar lids assortment of paint colors, 2-3 light coats will cover them.
- Tip: Paint the sides first, then hold the lid with you thumb and index finger to keep your hands clean!
- When dry, seal with a foam brush.
- Drill into middle of jar lid with a metal drill bit.
- Screw knob into place.
- Store all assortments of child’s toys and supplies in their pretty jars!
Does your child have a hard time keeping her stuff organized? I love that kiddos like to collect little trinkets, goodies and treasures. But I don’t like that it ends up in all of the nooks and crannies in their bedrooms and especially all over the top of their desks! That desk isn’t just for looks, in my daughter’s room it’s meant as her artwork and homework station. Silly girl! After I put in many hours making over her coral tween bedroom, the least I could ask for is to keep it tidy!
as well as our popular diy mason jar bathroom storage solution, love it daily!
And this pretty diy distressed mason jar is cuter by adding a knob too (;