If there is anything hard to turn down, it’s Mexican food. It’s a pure weakness when it comes to tortillas, re-fried beans, tacos, queso, guacamole and the ever favorite, chips and salsa! Whenever I make my homemade Black Beans or 5-Minute Salsa it going to be a great day for sure!
That’s how these little Green Chili Chicken Enchilada cups came about…because I was being lazy! Or smart? Perspective I guess! Either way, these have been something easy and a fun addition to our menu. These would also be perfect to bring to a potluck, a BBQ, or to make for lunch!
I garnished them with some chopped tomatoes, a little cilantro leaf and a piece of avocado. Or you could put a little dollop of guacamole or sour cream on top. I’m telling you, these are gone in minutes!
Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Cups
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced using all of the with and most of the green
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Spray oil
- 1 small ripe avocado cubed
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 24 cilantro leaves
FOR THE CUPS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray two regular muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each tin pressing down gently to form a bowl shape.
- Spray each wonton lightly with cooking spray. This helps them brown up a little.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and fill with enchilada filling.
FOR THE FILLING
- In a medium bowl mix together enchilada sauce, cream cheese, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, cilantro and scallions until well blended.
- Fold in chicken, 1 1/2 cups of cheese and beans until just incorporated.
- Place about 2 Tbsp. of filling into each cup and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Leaving them in the muffin tin, bake for another 5-7 minutes until mixture is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes in the tins.
- Garnish with avocado cilantro leaves and tomatoes.
- Serve warm.
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!