S’mores Rice Krispy Treats are one of the fastest and easiest treats to make. S’mores Rice Krispy Treats are the perfect summer treat. There are some recipes that are hard for the kids to help out with but this recipe is not one of them.
S’mores Rice Krispy Treats – Tips
One of the great things about this recipe is that in order to make the s’mores rice krispy treats gooey and soft, you have to melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave. If you melt them on your stove top, they will dry out. I know it sounds crazy, but just trust me on this one.
S’mores Rice Krispy Treats – Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bites
Another tip I have for you is that in order to get the true ooey gooey goodness, it is best to let the rice krispies set up for an hour or so. If you are like me and can’t wait that long, you can place them in the fridge for 30 minutes. I have found the ingredient Kraft Jet Puffed Mallow Bites at Walmart and Target by the hot chocolate section. These make the s’mores rice krispy treats the best!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 (16 oz.) bag of mini marshmallows
- 5 cups of rice krispies
- 6 full sheets of graham crackers
- 1 (3 oz.) container of Kraft Jet Puffed Mallow Bites Marshmallows
- 1 pkg. of milk chocolate chips
- 1. Spray a 9 x 13 pan and a spatula with baking spray. Place the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and break them up into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces. Be careful so you don't crush them.
- 2. In a large bowl, melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Stir with the prepared spatula to make sure that it is all completely melted.
- 3. Add the rice krispies, mallow bites, and graham cracker pieces to the melted marshmallows. Gently stir to completely mix.
- 4. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Even ly spread the rice krispies into the greased 9x13 pan. With the spatula, gently press the rice krispies down so that the top is even. Allow to cool for 30 minutes in the fridge or 1 hour on the counter before cutting.
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!