how to decorate your entryway beautifully for fall
This post is in partnership with Better Homes & Gardens and Walmart. All opinions and ideas, as always, are our very own.
The nights around here are cooling off and I made my first hot cup of cocoa to sip while I typed up this post. Looking at my freshly decorated entryway makes me excited for Arizona to really cool down during the day so we can officially enter “sweater weather!” 😉
My latest shopping trip to Walmart ended up being a cart full of CUTE! From the feather pillows to the buffalo check throw, to the brass lanterns and ceramic pumpkins… I am ready for my family to gather and enjoy the season! Here’s how to decorate your entryway beautifully for fall!
- It’s all about COZY!
My son snuggles up with this Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart chic buffalo check throw and has claimed it as his… except he’s fighting his dad for it, who asked me if I could purchase 3 more and sew them together to make a king size throw for him to sleep with at night. LOL! It really is THAT cozy! 😉
2. Texture texture texture! We found these Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart Wood Chargers that are of course beautiful under plates at dinnertime, but also add a ton of texture to home decor when stacked and paired with natural elements like my fabric pumpkin.
3. Use what you have! Instead of storing fragile ceramic and glassware in your hutch or pantry, display it! Those ceramic pumpkins are actually Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart Soup Bowls. I know! You wouldn’t have guessed but they add the perfect touch for fall and when you’re ready for your Thanksgiving feast or fall dinner party, just take them down and use them! No wasted space. 😉
4. Pumpkins, pumpkins, and gourds? Yes, gourds. While in the craft section of Walmart, I found these pretty orange faux pumpkins and gourds that add fun pops of color among all the neutrals in this space. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY PUMPKINS, GUYS! Fall = pumpkins.
5. Lastly, metals! I snagged these gorgeous Better Homes & Gardens Copper Cage Votive and hung it on an extra hook and paired another one with, yep, pumpkins. When you’re entertaining, light those cuties up for instant ambience but in the meantime, enjoy the pop of metals with the neutrals that really pull the space together and add layers of texture. Oh, and you can find letter boards in the craft section of Walmart as well so move your letters around to say “Happy Fall, Y’all!”, “Welcome” or like we spelled out, “Pumpkin Spice Everything!”
How do YOU decorate for fall? Just your porch? Mantel? Only at Thanksgiving! We’d love to know. 🙂
Snag these featured items!
- Better Homes & Gardens Buffalo Check Sherpa Throw
- Better Homes & Gardens Copper Cage Votive Holders
- Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin Soup Tureen
- Better Homes & Gardens Pumpkin Lidded Soup Bowls (set of 2)
- Better Homes & Gardens Wood Bark Charger
- Better Homes & Gardens Feather Pillows
- Faux Pumpkins + Gourds
Check out even more pretty items from the Better Homes & Gardens Live Better line at Walmart like our Dining Room Fall Tablescape,
our Farmhouse Family Room Refresh!
I really like how you put all of these great fall items together. Love the Bakkerij sign!! #inspirememonday
Thank you so much!
Beautiful ideas, I do like these designs. However, my husband has put his foot down and said no pumpkin. Just our place is a little clutter right now. Xx
So pretty! Thanks for sharing at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Pinned & shared
I adore the truck with the pumpkins in it
See that throw makes me want to curl up with a good book! Lovely decorating ideas!
Where is that cow picture from?? I need it. Also . I live in Nebraska but I follow u bc I’m from Tempe and I like to see Arizona peeps. ??
Hi Beth! It’s from here: https://www.instagram.com/antiquefarmhouse/
Thanks so much for following along! I’m sure Nebraska is beautiful in the fall, enjoy those cooler temps for us!
It feels so welcoming. Love it!
Oh thank you Gloribell! 🙂
It adds the perfect Fall touch. I might have to head to Walmart!
Their prices are awesome, thanks for the sweet note! 🙂
Such a great post on decorating entryway. I liked that pumpkin part very much.
Thank you, Stephanie!