Street Corn Recipe
It wasn’t until recently that I discovered some smaller restaurants have a secret menu. There are usually just a handful of dishes that aren’t publicly known. You either need to ask the staff about it or know someone who knows about it. Kinda of like a secret food club!
One of my favorite taco shops in town is like that and it wasn’t until recently I discovered their street corn because a friend recommended it. Seriously so good!
Have you ever heard of street corn? When she first told me to try it, I thought “How good can a bowl of corn be?” The best corn I’ve ever had. It’s seasoned with chili powder and a hint of cumin. There is also lime juice which just makes the whole dish and it’s topped with queso fresca.
My husband and I fell in love with my homemade version and decided that it was our new favorite side dish for our Mexican Food recipes!
Street Corn (Serves 4)
- 16 oz Bag Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 2 TBSP Mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice
- 3 TBSP Cilantro, finely chopped
- Queso Fresca
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in frozen corn and onions and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You’ll want brown bits to slightly form on the corn and onions, but not too much.
- Season with the salt and pepper during the cook time.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle in chili powder and cumin.
- Fold in the mayonnaise, lime juice and 2 TBSP of cilantro and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish the remaining cilantro and a generous amount of queso fresca. Lightly sprinkle with a pinch of chili powder to add a bit more color.
- Serve with a few lime wedges on the side.
Some other fun recipes from My Name Is Snickerdoodle!
They are called elotes and are usually served on the cob.
Oh yummy! This looks good!
These sound divine! Can’t wait to make them.
Agree, Marian! YUM!
Let us know if you love it!! XO