We love a good white bread recipe and this one is sure to please everyone. Who else loves fresh homemade bread, warm out of the oven, slathered with butter? Or toasted? YUM! Your whole family will love this easy to make homemade bread recipe!
Nana’s homemade bread recipe
If you’re on the hunt for the best homemade bread recipe, you got it! Of course we’re bias since it’s our sweet Nana’s simple quick bread recipe but it’s seriously a tasty homemade bread recipe, your family will also love it for generations to come!
Visit more of our homemade bread recipes too!
- Olive Focaccia Bread
- Banana Bread
- Berry Monkey Bread
- Poppy Seed Grapefruit Bread
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread
Homemade White Bread Recipe
- 2 T. dry yeast
- 2/3 c. dry milk
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 T. salt
- 4 c flour
- 2 qt very hot water
- 2 eggs
- 1 c shortening
- 8-9 + c flour
- Combine yeast, dry milk, sugar, salt and 4 c flour.
- Mix so that yeast is coated.
- Add hot water and mix.
- Add eggs and shortening.
- Mix together well.
- Let is set for 20 mins to sponge, covered.
- Add 8-9 c additional flour. Knead well.
- Let rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Mold into loaves and put in pans to rise until they reach the top of the pans.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
- Butter tops of loaves when done.
We remember our Nana’s home smelling of fresh baked bread, her rolls were our favorite. We’ll share that recipe soon too, a fond memory of Sunday dinners with our dozens of cousins.
Let us know if you make our Nana’s recipe, we know she’d love to see others enjoying it if she were still around. Such a yummy memory with our sweet grandma.
Please PIN so your friend’s can make our Nana’s soft and easy homemade bread recipe too!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!