Banana bread has become a staple in my house. My little boys love eating it in slices or muffin form. Sometimes I toss in chocolate chips or just coat the top with them. However I make it, it’s always gone almost as fast as it took me to make!
I’m sure most people have a banana bread recipe they use from time to time. I originally got this recipe from my Aunt Susie who is one fabulous baker and supreme chocolate fudge maker. When it comes to great recipes I tend to leave them alone and make them just as they are.
This updated version has two secret ingredients. Not only are there mashed bananas, but I include sliced bananas as well! It just brings a complete new level of moisture to the bread. And speaking of moisture, I also add in plain Greek yogurt. The old recipe called for sour cream, but I find I really like the yogurt much better!
Mini Banana Bread Loaves
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed over-ripe bananas about 2 medium bananas
- 2 ripe bananas sliced and divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar for two minutes on medium speed.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- In a separate medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Turning your mixer onto low speed, alternate adding in the flour mixture and sour cream into the butter mixture.
- Mix until flour is almost fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed bananas, 1/2 of the sliced bananas and vanilla. Add into batter.
- Stir until completely combined. Do not over mix.
- Place about 1/2 cup mixture into each mini loaf tin that is well greased.
- Line the top with 3 slices of banana each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.