garlic parmesan chicken dinner
Day 3 of our BlendTec Twister Jar series, we’re sharing a fast dinner prep idea! I’m always on the hunt for new chicken dishes. Since starting a healthier lifestyle earlier this year, you can imagine how much chicken we eat. Usually it’s grilled with salt and pepper which is good but gets old. When I came across this one skillet cheesy Italian chicken, I knew I wanted to try it. I didn’t have a lot of time but still wanted to marinade since that’s what keeps the meat juicy.I grabbed my fav blender attachment and altered the marinade using this shortcut spread, yum. Seriously so good! My kids who typically shy away from mushrooms gobbled it up! We love this Garlic & Parmesan chicken dinner and will toss it in our monthly rotation, boring chicken no more!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Marinade Ingredients: 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt 2 tablespoons Mezzetta Garlic & Parmesan spread
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- coconut oil*
- 6 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped medium shallot
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces cheese Italian
- fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- *can use olive oil
- To make the marinade: in a Blendec Twister Jar blender, combine 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with Mezzetta Garlic and Parmesan spread.
- Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag, and cover it with the marinade mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a large non-stick skillet, drizzle oil over medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, place the chicken in the pre-heated pan and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil if necessary.
- Add the mushrooms, diced bell pepper and diced shallot to the pan.
- Cook until tender, about four to six minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- To the pan, add in 1/3 cup chicken broth and cook until mostly evaporated.
- Stir in 1/3 cup heavy cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with cheese.
- Place a lid on the pan for a minute or two to help the cheese melt.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Mezzetta is more than a sandwich spread…it spiced up this chicken and was yummy when slathered on Italian bread and broiled, mmm mmm mmm! Mezzetta Everything Spread instantly adds flavor to any meal. There are four delicious flavors for a convenient and fresh way to elevate your everyday dishes. Create a new twist on one of your favorite classic recipes or discover a new favorite! It’s time to think outside the jar!
Good luck…you can win an Everything Spread Gift Basket Giveaway! You have two chances to win, just comment here with which Everything Spread you’re most excited to try, then again on if you take a quick survey for an additional entry directly from Mezzetta!
Check out all of our yummy dinner recipes like this easy chicken pasta, amazing spaghetti squash and these fantastic chipotle lime chicken skewers, mmm!
plus our fantastic blender recipes like our tasty peanut butter smoothie,
and our almond date balls, mmm!
I would like to try the savory garlic.
I would like to try the sun dried tomato basil
We are a household that loves spicy food, so the red hot chili pepper variety would be the first choice in our home.
I would love to try the Red Hot Chili Pepper Spread! This would be so great on sandwiches!
Yummy!! I think I would like the sundried tomato and basil!!
Can’t wait to try them ALL out 😀