We were doing a little Christmas shopping at World Market (to shop for our Christmas kitchen tour) a few weeks ago and spied these little peppermint drops with tiny nonpareils in Christmas colors sprinkled along the bottom. I immediately grabbed a bag and knew I wanted to spruce up our lovely Aunt Mar June’s frosted peppermint brownies:
See? Don’t they look so good? I promise they are! Bake a batch for yourself! Mmmm….
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate or 4 T cocoa
- 1 c butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring
- 1 1 2 c flor
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c nuts (optional)
- 4 T soft butter
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 4 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp mint flavoring (go light on this if you have peppermint chips on top!)
- BROWNIES: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter and cool.
- Add eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add peppermint flavoring and nuts.
- Bake the brownies for 20-35 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove them from the oven, and cool completely before frosting.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar, milk and flavoring.
- Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once completed cooled, smother with frosting then sprinkle peppermint chips on top.
- Melt chocolate and butter; beat until smooth.
- Frost cooled brownies with green frosting, drizzle glaze around top.
- Note: Try halving the mint/peppermint oil suggestion and add more a bit at a time until it's the right amount of flavor for your palate. Also, nix the chips and add green food coloring to the frosting for a St. Patrick's Day treat! 🙂
If you liked this recipe, try 33 other delicious and festive sweets and treats by some of our very talented-in-the-kitchen friends! Yum!
Candy Cane Marshmallow Treats from My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Peppermint Chocolate Cream Pie from Domestically Speaking
Cake Mix in a Mug Gift from Cupcakes and Crinoline
Peppermint S’Mores Brownies from Yellow Bliss Road
Chocolate Toffee Bark from Setting for Four
My Favorite Sugar Cookies from Stone Gable
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Dip from A Pumpkin & A Princess
Christmas Snowman Sundaes | An Extraordinary Day
White Chocolate Gingerbread Mocha Mix | Twelve O Eight
Rocky Road Candy | A Night Owl
The Original Fantasy Fudge | At The Picket Fence
White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Bark | Lemon Tree Dwelling
Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows | Mom 4 Real
Tiger Butter Bark | Uncommon Designs
The Easiest Holiday Cookie Ever | Top This Top That
Christmas Ornament Cupcakes | Sweet Rose Studio
Frosted Peppermint Brownies | Lolly Jane (that’s us!)
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies | Sweet C’s Designs
Peppermint Donuts | Yesterday on Tuesday
Gluten Free Rum Cake | Inspiration for Moms
Caramel Popcorn Chocolate Bark | Clean and Scentsible
Andes Fudge | Eclectic Mom Sense
Chocolate Candies | French Country Cottage
Christmas Parfait | Clever Pink Pirate
Salted Caramels | Frenchie
Cranberry Bliss Bars | Food, Folks and Fun
Peppermint Bark Candy | Live Laugh Rowe
Cinnamon Rolls | Unskinny Boppy
Banana Caramel Crunch Bites | Nibbles By Nic
Apricot Pockets | Redhead Can Decorate
Rocky Road Fudge | Ella Claire
Peppermint Chocolate Fudge | Crazy Little Projects
Triple Chocolate Peanut Clusters |Major Hoff Takes A Wife
Christmas Trifle | town and Country Living
Okay so now you have no excuse to buy a treat for your upcoming holiday parties but enlist your family’s help and get to baking! 😉
See other peppermint posts like our Peppermint Patti Chex Mix, Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, Peppermint Cocoa, Peppermint Christmas Sugar Scrub and our Striped Peppermint wreath!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!