With all of the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, you need to make sure to take time to put your feet up and relax. What better way to relax than with a cup of this homemade easy Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe?
This hot chocolate is silky smooth and so creamy with the perfect hint of peppermint.
For a lower fat version of this hot chocolate, you can use 1% or 2% milk.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder
- 7 cups of whole milk
- 1 ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, milk chocolate chips, and cocoa powder to a large sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Melt the chocolate chips and stir until the mixture is creamy.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the milk.
- Whisk the mixture until well combined.
- Add the peppermint extract.
- Bring the hot chocolate to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or some mini marshmallows.
Store any leftover hot chocolate in the refrigerator.
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Thank you, Carrie! Please visit her darling and drool worth site, My Recipe Confessions.
or our red velvet M&M cake mix cookies.