Stephanie from Life Created is here today sharing this yummy Palmier recipe. They are beautiful cookies are perfect for holiday gifts, tea time, or brunch with your friends. This is a simple, delicious pastry cookie you can make at home with little mess and effort. For variation, you can add spices to make them fit your taste.
- 1 box Puff Pastry (found in the frozen desserts isle at your grocery store)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs butter melted
- Let your puff pastry thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes, until you can unroll it without it cracking.
- Mix the cinnamon, butter. and sugar together and sprinkle on top of the puff pastry sheets.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll the sugar and cinnamon into the dough.
- Flip it and sprinkle the other side as well. Roll the sugar into the dough and shape the sheet of puff pastry into a rectangle.
To make small palmiers:
- Start rolling a long side of the rectangle up towards the middle. Stopping at the middle, take the other long side and roll it until it also meets the middle.
- Wrap your pastry in saran wrap and freeze until firm, for about 15 minutes. *For larger palmiers, roll the short sides to meet in the middle.
- Bake on 450 for 6 minutes and flip the cookies. Bake for 6 more minutes.
- Once firm, slice your cookies and lay them out on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer again for 15 more minutes. Gently brush cookies with melted butter and sprinkle a little extra sugar on each if desired.
They are so yummy!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!