Transform a blank doormat into a fun piece of Halloween art for less than $15 and under 10 minutes to spruce up your spooky spaces and welcome trick-or-treaters in style!
DIY Halloween Stenciled Doormat
I’ve been seeing crows taking the place of spiders, black cats, and witches when it comes to decor. Inspired by this darling crow coir doormat, I knew I could skip the shipping time and make my own in a matter of minutes at half the cost… and so I did! 😉
Visit more DIY Halloween ideas:
- Hocus Pocus (free) Printable Art
- Dead & Breakfast Inn Sign
- Halloween Hoop Wreath
- MacBeth (free) Printable Art
- Easy DIY Bat Garland
Now back to the Stenciled Doormat DIY!
Supplies to Make a Halloween Stenciled Doormat
Making a Halloween stenciled doormat is so easy and I’m sure you’ve seen it done before (we made one back in 2008!) but ours comes with a free cut file for you to create your own crow stencil!
- Coir Doormat (30″x18″, $10 from Home Depot)
- Crow image below (sized 21″x31″ to fit inside 30″x18″ doormat) just right-click and save, or click HERE for SVG cut file to make a vinyl stencil.
- Black Acrylic Paint or Black Spray Paint (much faster and better coverage)
- Sponge Brush, 1″ Foam Brush
- Painters Tape
How to Make a Halloween Stenciled Doormat
If you have 10 minutes, you can make this!
- Lay coir mat on paintable surface, (drop cloth or grass.)
- Create stencil by cutting from provided AI file or
- Lay stencil on top of mat and tape firmly down with painters tape.
- Dab acrylic paint around edges then fill in with acrylic paint OR spray paint over entire stencil.
- Let dry for 1-2 minutes or until paint is no longer shiny.
- Remove stencil.
Tips to Make a Halloween Stenciled Doormat
Overspray or bleeds under your stencil can happen so we used scissors and simply trimmed around the oversprayed areas. Don’t worry, it will blend as coir is a rough material and the fibers are all slightly different heights.
That’s really it! You can use any shape if you prefer the standard black cat to our black crow! Now check out 15 other adorably spooky Halloween DIY’s below from our talented blogger friends! 🙂
DIY Lighted Halloween Sign at Confessions of a Serial DIYer
Tips & Tricks for DIY Hand Lettered Pumpkins at Lemon Thistle
Scrap Fabric Lighted Halloween Garland at Clean and Scentsible
Polka Dot Pumpkin Lanterns at Finding Silver Pennies
Cheesecloth Mummy Lanterns at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Decorated Baby Boo Pumpkins at Town and Country Living
Spooky Wispy Halloween Wreath at A Pretty Life
Halloween Cloche DIY at Deeply Southern Home
DIY Creepy Halloween Floral Arrangement at House by Hoff
Easy & Elegant Halloween Wreath at Hallstrom Home
10-Minute Glam Halloween Masquerade Mask at Summer Adams
Crow Halloween Wreath at So Much Better With Age
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!