want to add a little bling to your fall decor? our DIY Glitter Pumpkins are a cinch to make and add instant glam in minutes!
DIY Glitter Pumpkins
What’s cuter than a simple pumpkin? A simple pumpkin slathered in glitter! ?✨ Our DIY Glitter Pumpkins are easy to make for crafters of any level and will add instant glam to your fall decor in no time! Bonus: scroll to the end of the post to see 20 MORE fall DIY’s by fellow creatives you can replicate!
See how we’ve completely transformed dollar store and other inexpensive pumpkins:
- DIY Baking Powder Painted Pumpkins
- DIY Sweater Pumpkins
- DIY Painted Stenciled Pumpkins
- DIY Painted Patterned Pumpkins
- DIY Magnolia Pumpkin
What You’ll Need for the DIY Glitter Pumpkins
You only need a handful of craft supplies to turn your own pumpkin from boring to glam!
- Fake pumpkins, any size
- Acrylic paint, any light/fall color
- Fine or chunky glitter
- Foam brush
- Painter’s tape
- Spray sealer, optional but recommended
How to Make the DIY Glitter Pumpkins
Making the DIY glitter pumpkins takes less than an hour from start to finish! Here’s how:
- Tape off pumpkins.
- Paint bottom half of pumpkins and stem, apply a thin layer of decoupage over dry paint.
- Generously shake glitter dust over wet decoupage.
- Shake off excess glitter.
- Optional but recommended: Spray a coat of sealer over dust to prevent glitter from shedding.
Ta-da! So cute and how easy was that:
How to Style Glitter Pumpkins
For a little more natural look, swap out the plastic stem for a stick from your yard. Paired with a vintage scale = instant texture! You can also glitter on real or wood pumpkins, the end result is all the same: darling! So, have we convinced YOU to glitter all of your pumpkins now? ?✨
Fall DIY Project Ideas
Aaaand now…. 21 fabulous fall DIY projects!
21 more easy fall crafts to make
Want to make MORE fall crafts? We’ve gotchu! Here are 20 other easy fall DIY’s perfect for makers of any level, be sure to click on the project name and tell them LJ says hi.
- DIY Fall Acrylic Abstract Landscape Painting at The Happy Housie
- Five Fun Fall Arrangements at Finding Silver Pennies
- How to Make a Dried Floral Wreath at the Tattered Pew
- DIY Painted Pumpkins that Look Like Cement at Modern Glam
- How to Make a Doormat with a Cricut at The DIY Mommy
- DIY Fall Sign at Clean & Scentsible
- Scrap Wood Fall Pumpkins at Tatertots and Jello
- Macrame Garland at Life is a Party
- DIY Abstract Art Our Best Tips at The Handmade Home
- Modern Fall Lunaria Wreath at This is Simplicite
- Painted Mason Jars at Dans le Lakehouse
- Fall Macrame Wreath at Place of My Taste
- Easy DIY Fall Shelf Decor at Cherished Bliss
- DIY Glitter Pumpkins at Lolly Jane (that’s us!)
- DIY Rustic Fall Flower Arrangement at Pretty Life in the Suburbs
- How to Make a Handmade Clay Bead Garland at My Sweet Savannah
- DIY Rustic Wood Centerpiece Box at She Gave it a Go
- How to Make a Fall Wall Hanging at Cassie Bustamante
- Elegant Fall Flower Arrangement at Rambling Renovators
- Blush Fall Hoop Wreath Tutorial at Chrissy Marie Blog
- DIY Blue and White Chinoiserie Pumpkins at Jennifer Maune
DIY Glitter Pumpkins
- 1 Faux (fake) Pumpkins Any color, size or print
- 1 Acrylic Paint
- 1 Decoupage
- 1 Fine or Chunky Glitter
- 1 Painter's Tape
- 1 Spray Sealer optional
- Tape off pumpkins
- Paint bottom half of pumpkins and stem, apply a thin layer of decoupage over dry paint
- Generously shake glitter dust over wet decoupage
- Shake off excess glitter
- Optional but recommended: Spray a coat of sealer over dust to prevent glitter from shedding