Happy National Donut Day! Every year on my kids summer bucket list, we fulfill our ‘glazed donuts recipe’, they’re so fun to make and the end reward is amazing to eat! When I was a kid, we’d pop a hole in canned roll, fry it and dip it in a powdered sugar glaze. Such a breeze! Last year we went all out and actually made glazed donuts from scratch. Yes, we’re crazy like that in the summatime, lol! They turned out so well, I had to share!
Glaze Donuts recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbs butter
- 1/2 milk
- 1/2 vanilla
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbs milk
- 2 tbs vanilla
- In 1 bowl, mix flour salt and baking powder.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, egg, melted butter, milk, vanilla.
- Gradually add first bowl into second bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spool until dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/2" thick on floured surface.
- Cut into circles using a donut cutter or cup or by hand.
- Fry at 375* until golden brown.
- Dip in glaze while hot.
- Add sugar in a medium bowl and slowly stir in the milk and vanilla, a little at a time, to make a smooth glaze.
and our top pinned Rolo Cookies, mmm!