Make this easy and beautiful fall wheel wreath to spruce up your front door, entryway, or indoors to welcome autumn visitors! with just a handful of fall accessories + craft supplies, transform a metal wheel (or painted bicycle rim!) in no time at all, so pretty!
Fall Wheel Wreath
I’ve been on the hunt for an old bicycle rim with the idea to clean it up, paint it, decorate it, then hang it as a wreath but no luck so far. However, on my last craft store run to JoANN, I spied this cute rose gold metal wheel in the faux floral section and about died! I was SO giddy! Not only do I not have to upcycle an old rim, but this one is so light weight and PRETTY! I simply accented it with touches of fall to really make it shine, love our new Fall Wheel Wreath and think you will, too!
Supplies to make a Fall Wheel Wreath
- Fall Picks, variety (foliage, fall fruits, pumpkins, florals, etc.)
- Metal Wheel or Bicycle Rim painted rose gold (or metal hue of choice)
- Floral Wire or Hot Glue
- Burlap Ribbon + scissors (optional)
How to make a Fall Wheel Wreath
- Start with your foliage and secure to one side of the wheel, (floral wire or hot glue.)
- Layer faux apples or pomegranates, (or whatever you picked up from store) on top of the foliage and secure.
- Add a pick of pumpkins next and fill in any gaps as you work, secure to to wheel.
- Lastly, add some faux florals on top to tie all of the hues together and soften the wreath up a bit, secure.
- Hang with burlap ribbon (optional) or simply hang wheel on a hook.
Try these easy Fall DIY Projects:
- Fall Embroidery Hoop Wreath
- Fall Entryway Decorating Tips
- FREE Fall Printable “Leaves are Falling, Autumn is Calling”
- 11 Must-Have (FREE) Fall Fonts
Back to this project… here are a few tips to making a good holiday wreath: Shop early so the selection isn’t picked through. Think outside the box and use items for different purposed to make your own project unique. Lastly, have fun! I started to get frustrated when pulling fall picks together because the rose gold didn’t flow with my traditional fall hues UNTIL I plucked a faux flower from my dining room table vase and added it in… it tied the whole wreath together and I love the feminine touch it gives this wreath despite all of the deep fall hues. 😉
Love fall wreaths and can’t get enough? Check out our talented blog friends DIY Wreaths on the Seasonal Simplicity Fall Series tour! Just click over to see any of these beautiful autumn projects 🙂
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!