Looking for fall decor without breaking the bank? Head to your local dollar store and grab a few items to make this easy and gorgeous wreath to display and welcome autumn!
Dollar store fall HOOP wreath
Home decor doesn’t need to come from fancy designer home stores or even box stores… never underestimate the power of your local dollar store, folks! We stopped by ours (Dollar Tree) and found all sorts of fall goods in the seasonal section. We scored some metal corn stalks which set the tone for this whole rustic fall wreath but even without them, the dollar store selection of festive faux fall greenery is SO good! Read on to make your own and be sure to check out 22 MORE fall wreath DIY’s at the end of the post!
items needed to make a fall HOOP wreath
We went to the Dollar Tree but other dollar stores are sure to have similar items, (if not or you don’t have a dollar store close by, then click on the name of each material for online options.)
- 12″ Wreath form
- Faux leaves, fall greenery
- Metal corn stalks (ours are from Dollar Tree)
- Wire Cutters
- Floral Wire or Twine
how to make a fall wreath
- If using the pictured wire wreath from Dollar Tree, use your wire cutters to clip them apart so you now have (4) hoops. (Yay! Now you can make 4 hoop wreaths for the price of 1… that’s $.25 each, holla!)
- Use wire cutters to separate floral sticks into individual stems, repeat with metal corn stalks.
- Lay the hoop flat and layer the corn stalks first, secure to hoop with floral wire or twine, (see image.)
- Surround the corn stalks with the largest florals, and secure to the hoop.
- Repeat with largest to smallest florals, leaves, acorn, etc. stems until hoop appears full and you like what you see, (see images for inspo!)
- Top with small accents like acorns or pumpkin stems.
- Hang as-is or one up us and tie a ribbon to the top to hang from. 😉
- Enjoy your new fall wreath that cost less than $10 and less than an hour to make!
- Tag us @lollyjaneblog or #lollyjaneblog on Instagram so we can share your version with 140k people!
Look at all that layered goodness! I love the creams paired with the pops of yellow and burgundy… mmm! Now I’m officially in the fall mood. 😉
how to display a fall wreath
I have an antique buffet in my dining room that sits against a fun buffalo check wallpapered wall and layer it with cake stands, candle sticks, or trays, then fill the whole thing up with plush pumpkins of every shape and size… I simply nailed a small nail into the wall and swap out wreaths from there each season… like this:
Um yeah… we have made a LOT of DIY Wreaths!
- Fall Wheel Hoop Wreath
- Pumpkin Embroidery Hoop Wreath
- Fall Embroidery Hoop Wreath
- Halloween Hoop Wreath
- Bottle Brush Christmas Hoop Wreath
- Spring Hoop Wreath
- Metal Floral Heart Hoop Wreath
Of course you can display in on your front door, on the back of a chair, from a hook, over a cabinet in the kitchen, on your pantry door, hanging from a blanket ladder, or even over the front of a picture frame… wherever you display it is sure to scream, “HELLO FALL, Y’ALL!” 😉
diy fall wreath ideas
Want even more DIY Fall Wreath ideas? We’ve got you covered with 20+ DIY Fall Wreaths by our talented blogging friends! Just click on the links below the images to see how they created their fall wreaths, oooh la la! Hello fall!
Easy DIY Dollar Store Fall Wreath at The Happy Housie
Rose Gold Laurel Fall Wreath at Modern Glam
Five Minute Dollar Tree Fall Wreath at Craftberry Bush
DIY Embroidery Hoop Fall Wreath at Tatertots and Jello
Modern Leather Fall Wreath at Cherished Bliss
DIY Copper Fall Hoop Wreath at Clean & Scentsible
Large DIY Fall Farmhouse Wreath at The Tattered Pew
White Boho Fall Wreath at All Things With Purpose
DIY Fall Embroidery Hoop Wreath at She Gave it a Go
Fall Wreath Ideas at Happy Happy Nester
DIY Fall Acorn Wreath at The Handmade Home
DIY Floral Fall Wreath at A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
Simple DIY Fall Owl Wreath at Cassie Bustamante
Easy Cookie Cutter Fall Wreath at My Sweet Savannah
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!