Love the trend of layered rugs with a coir doormat? DIY your own with this easy Fall Stenciled Doormat tutorial, just in time to welcome fall guests!
This is our second time painting a doormat and this one went way smoother than our first attempt here but was also super quick! Read on to make a stenciled doormat for ANY season with a few craft supplies and little time/money. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see handfuls of other gorgeous fall doormats!
DIY Fall Stenciled Doormat
Making a stenciled doormat, fall style, is seriously so easy. With the average rug cost of $24, you can save loads by snagging a blank coir rug and digging through your paint stash! This project is great for the beginning DIYer you expert crafters.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE A STENCILED DOORMAT
- Coir Doormat (30″x18″, $10 from Home Depot)
- Everything pumpkin image (sized 21″x31″ to fit inside 30″x18″ doormat) just right-click and save, or click HERE for SVG cut file to make a vinyl stencil.
- Black Acrylic Paint or Black Spray Paint (much faster and better coverage)
- Painters Tape
HOW TO MAKE A STENCILED DOORMAT
If you have 10 minutes, you can make this!
- Lay coir mat on paintable surface, (drop cloth or grass.)
- Create stencil by cutting from provided AI file above.
- Lay stencil on top of mat and tape firmly down with painters tape.
- Dab acrylic paint around edges then fill in with acrylic paint OR spray paint over entire stencil.
- Let dry for 1-2 minutes or until paint is no longer shiny.
- Remove stencil.
That’s it.That’s really it! Voila. Want to see more fall doormats? Me too! Hop along to all these talented creatives and be sure to share the love on Instagram or Pinterest if you decide to recreate your own wreath. Use #lollyjaneblog for a chance to be featured on our account of over 140k!
Look! even MORE fall doormat decorating ideas:
Be sure to give these talented ladies some love on their own gorgeous fall doormats and porches!