Happy Wednesday!! It’s the tenth of the month which means it’s blog hop time, whoop!! Since school is back in session all over the country, we thought we’d share some kids crafts. What better way to bond with your littles with the few hours you seen them daily. Or, capitalize on that coveted weekend time. Whatever your schedule is, you’re bound to find some fun family time with one or more of these ten ideas. We’re sharing these adorable diy rocket bird feeders that cost us just two bucks. After you check out the other nine ideas (and pin the collage, hint hint ;), scroll down for the directions. Happy crafting!
Some seriously CUTE ideas, right?? Lots of FUN!
1. After School 1-2-3 |Thirty Handmade Days
2. Baby Closet Dividers |Two Twenty One
3. DIY Harry Potter Wall Art |Landeelu
4. Halloween Happy Mail |Eighteen 25
5. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake |Or so she says…
6. Make Ahead Muffins – Kids Can Cook! |Your Homebased Mom
7. Chevron Perler Bead Necklaces |The Crafted Sparrow
8. Craft Stick Dolls |Simply Kierste
9. DIY Rocket Bird Feeder | Lolly Jane (that’s us)
10. Duct Tape Pumpkin Decoration |Capturing Joy
We spied several cute homemade bird feeders via Pinterest, but saw an easy formula from Loelaloep and decided to try our hand at our own bird feeders made from toilet paper rolls, rocket style! You will probably have most of these craft supplies around. We made a quick stop at Walmart for the bird feed, ($2.)
Supplied needed are a few toilet paper rolls, scrapbook paper, ribbon/bakers twine, hot glue, birdseed and peanut butter (allergies??—>nut free pb here!). Making these fun bird friendly rockets were so quick and the kids loved to help!
- Trim scrapbook into a 1.5″ x 7″ strip.
- Hot glue around the base of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold another piece of scrapbook paper into a “birthday hat” and glue closed. Note: leave a little gap at the tip to pull bakers twine through.
- Trim the excess scrapbook paper off so it stands up with a flat base.
- Add ribbon to the INSIDE of the toilet paper roll (to mimick the rocket flare) and add a piece of ric rac ribbon around as trim.
- Hole punch (small punch) 3 holes around the TOP of the toilet paper roll, OPPOSITE of the “rocket flare” ribbon.
- String 1′ of bakers twine or ribbon through the 3 holes and knot.
- Slide the rocket top “birthday hat” through the bakers twine, hot glue around the edges to keep it from sliding.
- Let the kiddos help on this part and smother peanut butter around the raw toilet paper roll.
- Sprinkle birdseed on the sticky peanut butter.
- Hang from a tree and watch the cute birds fly to your new bird feeder!
and our glitter slime recipe too.
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!