Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake
This Cinnamon Sour Cream Bundt cake has the density of a pound cake and is super moist… The cinnamon center is a nice surprise when you cut into it! Plus, it’s an easy recipe with ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen!
Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake
A big thanks to Amy at My Name Is Snickerdoodle for this guest recipe! Bunt cakes can be super easy to bake and instantly make for a great presentation. Plus, you aren’t required to frost them, (busy mom win right there.) You can drizzle a glaze on top or simply sprinkle it with powdered sugar… it doesn’t get easier than that, folks!
This Cinnamon Sour Cream cake has the density of a pound cake and is super moist. The cinnamon center is a nice surprise when you cut into the cake. Plus there is the added bonus of the brown sugar crumble on the bottom if your are sweet crumbs kind of person (which I am!) And if that wasn’t enough, this cake would be the perfect addition to your brunch menu for the weekend! I mean, cake for breakfast? Yes, please! It’s really easy to slice and would even make for a great potluck dish.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake
- 2 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1 C. Butter, softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Sour Cream
- 2 C. All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
HOW TO MAKE Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
- Add in eggs and vanilla then beat.
- Gently fold in sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking powder.
- Blend dry ingredients into batter by hand. Note: The batter will be thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Pour half of the batter into a well greased and flour bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture over batter.
- Spread remaining batter over the filling.
- Top with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (or until center comes out clean when you insert a toothpick.)
- Once removed from oven, immediately run a knife around the outside and inside edges.
- Cool 15 minutes in a pan then invert onto a plate and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
I made this recipe back in 2017! It has been a family favorite for years now, but I think less sugar was used back then! Was the recipe modified? I’m curious what it tastes like with the sugar increase!
It’s the same recipe we’ve had on our site and still as scrumptious 😉
THIS is the BEST cinnamon snacking cake I’ve found on Pinterest!
My family LOVES it just plain, no icing needed.
I made it last week and it was devoured in an hour. So, I made it again today and it’s almost all gone.
It’s a deliciously moist and tasty cake that is So easy and quick to put together. I’m sure it will freeze beautifully if the cake ever has a chance to to get that far. Thank you for such a great recipe!
Best review ever, thank you so much for taking the time to comment! 😀 Glad you’re enjoying it!!!
Hi, I baked this Delicious bundt cake yesterday just to try for my husband (and me) -I have to say it is absolutely the Best! It was so good that this morning I will make another one and bring it to the Fire station where my son, who is a Firefighter works. I am sure they will love it.
Thanks, I will look forward to trying more of your recipes.
Hi Linda! Thank you for your positive review, and that you both enjoyed it! Yay!!! My husband is also a first responder, I’m sure his department would love it too. Thanks for the idea 😉
Oh looks delicious! 🙂