Barbecue week continues and this next recipe is seriously mouth watering! The smell is amazing and the brown sugar glaze caramelizes while cooking so it tastes as good as it smells! You will love these grilled pork chops with pineapple mango salsa, promise. Confession: We did not make the salsa from scratch! Gasp! I know. A) We’re not really foodie bloggers but are enjoying cooking as of late B) Mangos are not in season here so it was easier to buy it freshly packed. C) It tastes as good as from scratch and we didn’t have to do the work. 😉 The marinade is all from scratch so you do have a bit of work to do, you know, if you like that sort of thing. (Okay but not much as our recipes are all cook-as-as-fast-as-you-can-to-enjoy-the-meal-sooner, you know! Ha!) Plus, our STOK grill is bomb diggity and we were able to cook these in no time at all. Score! While you’re grilling though, throw our grilled pineapple rings with cinnamon-sugar glaze on the barbie! It pairs well with this meal and also makes a delicious dessert if you add ice cream! Yum! In the meantime though, read on to see how we made our pork chops…
Grilled pork chops with pineapple mango salsa
- 4 pork chops boneless
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbs. butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic powder, brown sugar, and paprika, stir.
- Simmer 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Brush glaze onto both sides of chops.
- Place on grill.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip then cook for another 5-6 or until no longer pink inside.
- Remove from heat and top with mango salsa.
Pour any leftover glaze on during cooking or afterwards for extra flavor!