I’m so excited to share this amazing Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread recipe I created by altering two separate recipes. It’s so good! Moist and flavorful, it’s my new go-to recipe for neighbors!
My good friend Kristyn from Lil’ Luna shared her Snickerdoodle Bread earlier this year and it looked so yummy! I do love snickerdoodles but more than that, I love anything pumpkin. I always bring cookies to my extended family’s Sunday dinner and since the holidays are upon us, I decided to test this recipe on them. I found Martha’s Ginger Pumpkin Bread and after closely comparing her recipe to Lil’ Luna’s, I figured out the best way to combine the two to create an amazingly delicious Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Bread recipe. (Which I google’d like crazy and haven’t seen any other like this!)
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c butter (softened)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ c sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (1¾ cups)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 pkg cinnamon chips
- Cream butter, sugars, cinnamon and pumpkin.
- Add eggs and mix lightly.
- Add vanilla and sour cream, mix well.
- Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Stir in cinnamon chips.
- tb sugar
- tsp cinnamon
- (Shortcut: use McCormick’s cinnamon sugar like I did and generously sprinkle on top.)
- Separate into 2 full size loaf pans.
- Mix 3 tb sugar and 3 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle generously over the batter in each loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I hope you like this recipe as much as my family and I did! Leave a comment if you try this and let me know how it turns out!!