When I want my family to feel a little extra loved, I make these meatballs… They really don’t take too long to make and actually cook in the sauce. Give it a try!
I would be willing to bet some of my prized cook books that most of you have spaghetti often for dinner in your house. As odd as it sounds, this Italian dish is such an American staple. Maybe because it can be comforting to eat, easy to make or maybe because it just tastes so good! About a year ago, I got really tired of trying new jarred spaghetti sauces only to be disappointed by them all. They just lacked what my taste buds wanted. I started to make my own and my family raved about it.
Tips for Homemade Meatballs
I add some cooked ground beef to it (and when I’m feeling fancy, some sausage) and it instantly becomes a delicious dinner. I even use the recipe (minus the beef) for my Pizza Sauce. You’ll love this homemade meatballs recipe!
When I want my family to feel a little extra loved, I make these meatballs. They really don’t take too long to make and actually cook in the sauce. So, there is no frying involved at all. I’ve even made them and froze them uncooked. I just toss them in the sauce and cook them for 30 minutes longer. I’m all about the recipes with simple ingredients that really taste like you’ve spent a million bucks!
Easy Homemade Meatballs Recipe
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Jars of Marinara Sauce
- 1 lb Spaghetti Noodles
- *These can be made ahead of time and frozen uncooked. Increase cook time to 1 hour.
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. In a large pot over medium high heat, heat through marinara sauce. Cover.
- 3. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, pepper, oregano, basil and garlic powder.
- 4. Stir in Panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Gently mix in ground beef until everything is just incorporated together.
- 6. Take 2 tablespoons of meat mixture and roll into a ball.ire
- 7. Drop meatballs in the hot marinara and cook for 30 minutes. Stir frequently.
- 8. Serve over noodles and garnish with more Parmesan cheese.
A big thank you to Amy for sharing, check out more of her great dinner recipes your fam is sure to love!
and these amazing frosted lime sugar cookies,