Nana’s Iced Carrot Cookies Recipe: A soft cake-like cookie made with carrots And covered with a Tangy Orange glaze.
iced carrot cookies recipe – a Nana fav!
For more of our easy cookie recipes:
Iced Carrot Cookies Recipe
Carrot Cookies Ingredients
- 3/4 c shortening
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 c grated carrot
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Orange Icing Ingredients
- 3 T butter
- 1/2 lb powdered sugar
- 1/2 c undiluted orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add egg.
- Beat in carrots.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool and ice with orange icing.