You’ve seen it all over the internet. Some of you might be cringing over it and some might be jumping for joy. Either way it should come as no surprise that it’s pumpkin season! Pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin beverages. It’s pretty hard to escape and I don’t mind one bit! I also love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate together and try to pair them up together as often as I can. That’s one reason I created these Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream Frosting. It’s the perfect fall dessert, yum!
Yes. There’s Nutella in the frosting and I wish I could spread it on everything!
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 TBSP milk
- Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large standing mixer, mix together all cake ingredients for 2 minutes on medium speed. Make sure to scrap down the sides.
- Fill each paper liner 2/3 full and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Cream together butter and Nutella until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar a little at a time and blend until smooth.
- Add in milk 1 tablespoon at a time to create a smooth consistency.
- Pipe or spread over cupcakes and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
These cupcakes are the perfect balance of both pumpkin and chocolate flavors. The pumpkin puree help make these super moist and the frosting is incredibly creamy and chocolatey!
Please pin these so your friends can enjoy them too!
and her yummy Mini Peach Crisps.
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!