These Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies are magical!
Whenever I pull a batch of these cookies out of the oven and turn around for second, when I turn back around, a few of them seem to have disappeared.
The other day I made a batch and put them on a plate, covered them, and put them in the pantry. I went to the store and when I got home, the whole dang plate of cookies had magically disappeared.
I love these cookies because they are so soft and the combination of chocolate and coconut truly is heavenly! I think that it is a pretty safe bet to say that the rest of my family agrees with me as well!
Double Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup of butter softened
- 1 ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of coconut extract
- 2 tbsp. of sour cream
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 11.5 oz. pkg. of milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and egg yolks one at a time and mix well. Mix in the vanilla extract, coconut extract, sour cream, and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and mix just until the flour is incorporated. Fold the chocolate chips and coconut flakes into the cookies dough until well combined.
- Form the cookie dough into 2 inch balls and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie balls slightly with your hand.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
With love from my kitchen to yours,
YUM!!! Try more recipes from Carrie: