YAY! Pumpkin season is here! I know there are people out there who really aren’t fans of the pumpkin craze this time of year, but for those of us who love just can’t get enough of it!
Pumpkin is such a classic autumn treat and I especially love it paired with chocolate. I typically love to throw chocolate chips in the mix (which you certainly can do with this recipe), but I wanted the fudge frosting to shine a bit more!
The frosting comes from my mom and it’s actually something I customized from her Texas Sheet Cake recipe. So you know it’s going to be good. It’s that pourable, silky frosting that sets and tastes like fudge!
Pumpkin Bread With Fudge Frosting
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- FUDGE FROSTING
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-3 TBSP milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, eggs, pumpkin and oil.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and set aside.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes and pour over frosting.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat melt together butter and cocoa. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat once butter is melted and stir in 2 TBSP milk and vanilla.
- Stir in powdered sugar and add in last of the milk if needed.
- Frosting will be thick, but pourable. Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Pour over the bread while the bread is still in the pan.
- Let it set for about 1 hour before removing from pan.