We are huge movie goers in our little family. We love to eat a light dinner, grab some snacks then hit the theatre. We always see new animated movies when they come out, they’re our favorite! We can’t wait till The Wild Life hits theaters on September 9th, my kids have already marked it on our family calendar. These parrot sugar cookies are a great way to get to know one of the cute characters in the film, meet Mak the parrot!
This is a sponsored post with Lionsgate about their new film The Wild Life, all opinions are my own.
From the over-exuberant parrot Mak to the snack-obsessed tapir Rosie, from the persnickety echidna Epi to the acrobatic pangolin Pango, from the ditzy goat Scrubby to the commonsensical kingfisher Kiki and the always-cool chameleon Carmello, things are larger-than-life on a tropical isle that is pure wild animal paradise. Then Robinson Crusoe, a marooned human, arrives in the midst of a furious storm, and their lives are forever changed by this bewildering new “creature.”
The film features some lively characters including Mak the parrot, Carmello the cool chameleon, a tapir named Rosie and so many others that your family is bound to love.
We have to admit Mak the parrot is our favorite; he is just so darn cute… so we made him look just as cute (and yummy) in cookie form! Want to make your own parrot sugar cookies?
- Sugar cookie mix
- Banana RUNTS
- Golden Oreo’s (mini)
- Edible eyeballs
- Red food coloring
- Red sprinkles
- Bake cookies according to package directions.
- Add food dye into frosting, spread on cookies.
- Twist mini Oreo’s slowly, making sure to keep frosting on one side. (Save that side and eat the other, haha!)
- Push edible eyeball into frosted Oreo.
- Press Oreo with eyeball on it into cookie frosting.
- Add “parrot beak” onto cookie, (see picture.)
- For wings, frost 2 banana runts and toss with sprinkles.
- Press “wings” into frosted cookie and enjoy!
No matter if you are a cupcake or cookies person, this parrot “design” would work on both!
Things are about to get Wild this September 9, be sure to save the date for your next family day at the movies. In the meantime, enjoy the trailer!