I don’t know about your house but on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday there is at least one (or two!) football games on at ours. Sometimes we watch on the couch with the hubby, sometimes from the table with family and sometimes at a tailgate party with friends but always with “game day food!” This easy Oven Fried Potato Chip Chicken Tenders recipe is perfect for any of those occasions but just so you know, you will be the star chef of the tailgating party with these as they are THAT good!
The secret to success of this recipe is that you can grab ANY bag of chip flavor and easily personalize your chicken tenders flavor. Tailgaters could grab 2-3 tenders and enjoy one sea salt, one cheddar and one pepperoncini all with the same dipping sauce but get 2-3 awesome tastes! Hello delicious!
We are partial to Kettle Brand Chips as they are extremely crunchy and that crunch, once tossed with the few ingredients needed to make this then oven fried on the chicken, is so good and gives the perfect crisp texture to these tenders!
We got a little crazy and tried 5 Kettle Brand Chip flavors to see how the taste varied once on the tenders, (we tried Sea Salt, Pepperoncini, New York Cheddar, Maple Bacon and Honey Dijon.) We made simply washi tape tags and hand wrote the flavor on them so our guests would know which flavor they would be biting into.
All flavors pair well with a simple ranch dip but you could have specific dips for each tender. I personally loved the Honey Dijon the best as it had a hint of sweetness to it but was still salty…. the perfect combo. My husband loves hot & spicy foods so he was a huge fan of the Pepperoncini. Yum!
Want to make your own Oven Fried Potato Chip Chicken Tenders? Snag the recipe then thank us later. 😉
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- 1 package (12 ounces) potato chips, crushed
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 C. butter, melted
- Scoop mayonnaise into a shallow bowl.
- Place crushed potato chips in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken strips in mayo then coat with potato chips.
- Place on a greased baking pan.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Optional: Serve with dip or sauce.
- Freeze option: Transfer cooled chicken strips to a resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, reheat chicken strips in a greased baking pan in a preheated 400° oven until crisp and heated through.