Can you ever go wrong with a brownie! I am thinking the answer is no! Brownies are the perfect dessert because they can be made in so many different ways. Brownie sundaes, mint brownies, cheesecake brownies, brownie pops…the list goes on and on!
They are soft and chewy, sometimes even fudgy. I think half the population fights over the corner piece while the other half begs for a middle square. I love them either way because it’s all the same chocolatey taste! That’s why I love Brownie Brittle because you get all that yummy taste and not feel guilty afterward for eating a brownie (or three!). It’s crispy and crunchy and perfect for a great snack.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Mallow Bits*
- 2 graham cracker rectangles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the microwave melt butter and chocolate chips together in a large microwave proof bowl. About 1 minute total, stirring after each 10 seconds.
- Mix in sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Blend in egg white and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add in cocoa powder and flour and mix until just combined.
- Spoon onto a well greased standard baking sheet and spread out even all the way to the edges.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and mallow bits* over the batter and gently press down with hands.
- Crumble graham crackers over a small bowl, leaving some smaller bits.
- Sprinkle crumbs over batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediate cut into squares using a sharp knife. Make sure to also run the knife around the edges of the pan.
- Let it cool completely before removing and serving.
- Mallow Bits are made by Kraft and can be found where regular marshmallows are in your local grocery store. Usually on the top shelf 😉
Here are some other fun snacks you can check out!