Key lime pie ice cream
Hi friends! Its Aimee from Like Mother Like Daughter again bringing a fabulous recipe to you. I’ve been gone for a while so I hope you haven’t missed me too much! Around February and March I get really ready for summer and summer weather and the food I’m cooking is no exception. That means I’m thinking citrus (lemonade anyone?) and ice cream- or at least for this amazing key lime pie ice cream recipe.
The great thing about this key lime pie ice cream is that its no churn – meaning you don’t even need an ice cream maker to make it! I know a lot of people don’t have ice cream makers, and even if you do you’ll still want to make this delicious ice cream.
It’s creamy, with strong hints of vanilla, lime and graham cracker crust. Everything I’d want in an actual key lime pie but in ice cream form, and who doesn’t love ice cream, am I right?
For this recipe you’ll need graham crackers, butter and a little sugar to make up a quick graham cracker crust. Then you’ll need a few key limes (or regular limes – though the flavor will be just a little different), whipping cream, and sweetened condensed milk.
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 2 tsp key lime zest
For the graham cracker crust
- 3 graham cracker sheets
- 1/2 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind your graham crackers to make a fine crumb. Mix them with your butter and sugar and pack into the bottom of a 8x8 baking pan and place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and whip over high speed until stiff peaks form (about 12-15 minutes).
- Combine your sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Pour your whipped cream on top of your condensed milk mixture and fold together till thoroughly mixed.
- Pour 1/3 of your ice cream into a 3 qt container. Scoop about 1/4 cup of your pie crust and sprinkle over the ice cream. Repeat with another 1/3 of your ice cream and another 1/4 cup of pie crust. And the final bit of ice cream and pie crust.
- Cover tightly and place in your freezer for at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
For another delicious no churn ice cream, try this no churn pumpkin pie ice cream!
For another lime recipe, try this refreshing mint cherry limeade!
Deeeeeelish! Aimee never ceases to amaze us with her fab recipes! YUM. We are big lime fans around here… see?
Lime Sugar Cookies | Key Lime Pie Cookies | Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub featured in our 25+ Scented Sugar Scrub recipes
Key Lime is one of my favorite desserts, so when I saw this thumbnail on my blog roll ahhhh HAD TO CLICK & whoa, surgery, yumminess !! Can’t wait to try all of these!!!
Thanks girl! We are also huge key lime fans… have you tried Stewart’s key lime soda? YUM!
So now I’m HUNGRY, lol. Thanks for sharing-pinning to try later. 🙂
Hey girl- That ice cream looks so good!! yummy!!
Thanks so much! You definitely have to try it!