My sister wanted to dress up her large dining room wall without spending a lot of money. After pricing out tongue-and-groove wood at Home Depot, she knew she could easily create an EAT pallet sign to create dining room decor on the cheap! I cut EAT out of my vinyl and used the negative space to paint inside of it! Easy peasy!
To make your own sign, you’ll need the following supplies:
- 4) 1×8 Pine Siding Board, interlocking ($12)
- 1 piece of trim [1/2″ thick x 1″ tall x 3′] ($3)
- Cut the trim into 6 pieces total, 4] 6″ tall 2] 3″ tall
- Paint, acrylic or latex
- Stencil or freehand
- Drill and wood screws
- Paint wood white.
- Distress with black acrylic.
- Center wording with stencil & paint with acrylic.
- When dry, flip over and attach 6″ supports vertically with screws.
- (Tip: Attach first support 18″ from the left, repeat for the next 3, all 18″ apart)
- Attach 3″ supports horizontally between board 1 & 2, 2nd one between 3 & 4. These provide a base for a sawtooth hanger to attach to the wall.
- Screw in sawtooth hanger into new horizontal supports.
Hang and enjoy your new pallet style dining room EAT sign!