Eat pallet style dining room sign
My sister wanted to dress up her large dining room wall without spending a lot of money. After pricing out tongue-and-groove wood at Home Depot, she knew she could easily create an EAT pallet sign to create dining room decor on the cheap! I cut EAT out of my vinyl and used the negative space to paint inside of it! Easy peasy!
To make your own sign, you’ll need the following supplies:
- 4) 1×8 Pine Siding Board, interlocking ($12)
- 1 piece of trim [1/2″ thick x 1″ tall x 3′] ($3)
- Cut the trim into 6 pieces total, 4] 6″ tall 2] 3″ tall
- Paint, acrylic or latex
- Stencil or freehand
- Drill and wood screws
- Paint wood white.
- Distress with black acrylic.
- Center wording with stencil & paint with acrylic.
- When dry, flip over and attach 6″ supports vertically with screws.
- (Tip: Attach first support 18″ from the left, repeat for the next 3, all 18″ apart)
- Attach 3″ supports horizontally between board 1 & 2, 2nd one between 3 & 4. These provide a base for a sawtooth hanger to attach to the wall.
- Screw in sawtooth hanger into new horizontal supports.
Hang and enjoy your new pallet style dining room EAT sign!
Another fabulous idea! 🙂
**Would you be willing to share where those white/scone-vase-things are from?? I saw them in a Valentine's post of yours too.
Soooo cute! I love your sign! I am going to have to file this away for future reference! Oh, I found your blog through "be different…act normal's" blog. Hope you don't mind!
I love that! I've been wanting something like this too…thanks for posting the how-to!
Just too cute! Love the look you got with it. Thanks for sharing your tricks!
i need one of these in my kitchen!!! light blue and chocolate, please. lol
That is super cute! Thanks so much for yet another fabulous idea. I'll be linking to this.
You have such cute, cute ideas! I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award on my blog weareallmothers.blogspot.com. You don't have to participate if you don't want to….Just know that your blog is FABULOUS!!!
soooo cute – which sis? I need to re-do my front room – it's so GAG!!! Lovin' all your cute posts!
Love the room… the sign is perfect but that table is awesome… Could you ask your sister where she got it? Thanks for sharing her wonderful project.
I love it! It's big and bold and I love RED!