How to treat and prevent lice
How to effectively Treat Lice:
- If you know your child (or yourself) has lice, soak your hair in Listerine (any kind) and cover with a shower cap for 2 HOURS.
- Rinse, then do the same with vinegar (yes, 2 MORE hours). *Be sure to use a clean shower cap.
- Using a fine tooth comb, pick out those nasty buggers.
- Rinse again, then wash your hair with your normal shampoo but add 1 tablespoon of Tea Tree Oil into your shampoo bottle.
- Condition with any brand of coconut conditioner.
- Repeat 5 days later, then 5 days after that due to lice laying nits that hatch every 5 days.
To Prevent Lice:
- Add 1 tablespoon of Tea Tree Oil to your regular shampoo bottle, the oil repels the lice.
- Use any brand of coconut scented conditioner on a daily basis, apparently lice don’t prefer the smell.
- Before the school year starts, follow the instructions for treating lice…I read that a military mom of 35 years did this every year her kids were in school and between all the random cities and countries they lived, her kids NEVER picked up lice, even their classes were infested.