DIY ruler vase
Happy hop day! We took a month off during the summer from our 10 bloggers hop and missed it so much! Lots of inspiration in one place, can’t beat that! This month’s theme is RULERS, very fitting since school is back in sesh here in hot AZ! We whipped up this DIY ruler vase and when I say whipped up, I literally mean it took less than five minutes. No joke. All you need are rulers and hot glue. Can’t beat that!!
Our quick tutorial is just below our fabulous friend’s ruler ideas. Be sure to check them all out, lots of inspiring ideas that RULE! (; We’re so funny…
1. Classroom Sign & Printable |Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke
2. Ombre Ruler Wall Arrows |LandeeLu
3. DIY Ruler Vase | (us) Lolly Jane
4. Ruler Donuts |Your Homebased Mom
5. Easy Educational Ruler Activity |Or So She Says
6. DIY Pencil Holder or This Pencil Holder Rules |Eighteen25
7. Back to School Ruler Printable |Two Twenty One
8. You Rule! Back to School Printable |Thirty Handmade Days
T O M A K E O U R R U L E R V A S E :
- Grab 5 wooden rulers + 2 sticks of hot glue + 1 mason jar. (Optional: a saw depending on if you want a vase shorter than 12″. We love our Ryobi miter, it’s a breeze to use and great for beginners.) Note: Go to Walmart first. Target was sold out and the dollar store only carries plastic so save yourself a trip! Bonus: they were only $.25/each!
- We cut our rulers to 5 1/2″ each and purposely cut from each end so our #’s were random (you’ll have 1 1/2″ of waste so you can get 2 pieces from 1 ruler).
- Then hot glue a ruler piece directly to the mason jar and continue in a circle till it’s done.
SO easy, right!? The ruler vase is a GREAT teacher gift if filled with pencils, succulents, fresh flowers, candy or chocolate!
Please pin it so your friends can make one for their teachers too (;
Check out our easy teacher appreciation ideas like our teacher gift card tags
and back to school ideas like our free backpack tags!
We also have LOTS of inspirational roundups like our 50+ back to school ideas!
And if you love mason jars like we do, bordeline obsessed, you’ll love our Mason Jar Succulents with bonus free printable tags!
DIY Ruler Vase
- 5 wooden rulers
- 2 sticks of hot glue
- 1 mason jar
- We cut our rulers to 5 1/2″ each and purposely cut from each end so our #’s were random
- Then hot glue a ruler piece directly to the mason jar and continue in a circle till it’s done
Hi! I am making these for a math event on my school! I just tried making one, but couldn’t fit 10 ruler halves, I had extra space during on the jar and just goes a 12th piece over the empty space, but it wasn’t fish with the other rulers. Any tips? I used a half pint 8oz Mason jar.
Hi Ilana! We broke one in half to fill the gap 🙂
I really love how you styled this simple vase! It really makes it pop!
Thank you, Amy!!
Hi. This is a great gift idea. I liked it very much. You make so beautiful things with such an ease. Thanks for sharing.
This is so adorable!! Pinned:)
You gals are so clever, and as always, style your projects in such a fun way!
This is SO cute! Such a fun idea!
Thank you, Emma! So happy you like it 😀