My poor front porch has had a naked door since I took my winter wreath down as I haven’t found one since that I’ve absolutely loved. I decided it was past due and got motivated after seeing cute summer spaces (like our friend Annie from Zevy Joy’s macrame hanging succulents.) I spied this cute banner on Etsy and was inspired to whip up my own. While pursuing the craft section at Walmart, I found a stick of billy-ish looking balls and a stem of magnolia flowers for $5 total- such a steal!
Here’s what else you’ll need to make your own:
- Drop cloth material or linen fabric (16×12-ish)
- Hot glue + gun
- Stick or branch from yard
- Fold tips of banner in (as shown) and secure with glue.
- Wrap ends of stick or branch with twine, leaving 3-4″ peak for hanging.
- Fold canvas or linen over stick and secure with glue.
- Hot glue orange bulbs and magnolia flowers on as shown.
- Hang and enjoy the pop of summer in your space!
How much do you love no-sew?! If you’re like us, you would hot glue allll the things vs. lugging your sewing machine out of storage and dusting that sucker off. Haha! Of course if you’re a sewer, then simple stitch the ends in place, trim excess fabric, and slide the stick through. The last step for sewers would be to tie the twine on last, of course. 😉
There you have it! I’ll probably add a little wooden cut out HELLO or HI or something that welcomes people to my front door. I want to put “NO SOLICITING” really giant but that’s not very friendly, is it? 😉 Just kidding, (kind of!)
Want more summer inspo? How about Taryn from Design Dining and Diapers DIY Pineapple Pillow… I die over those tassels!
If you’re looking for other summer decor projects you want to tackle yourself then keep on hopping over to see these gorgeous ones from our friends!