If you’re looking for an amazing dip, you’ve come to the right place! This bacon jalapeno popper dip will impress the heck out of your friends/family and will disappear in minutes. It’s perfect for your upcoming Superbowl Party, I’ve already claimed it for my family’s big game day party appetizer, YUM!! I’m not exaggerating when I say this whole dip was gone in less than ten minutes. I set it on the table then took the dog outside to go to the bathroom. We played a quick game of tug o’ war and when I came back, the empty dish was by the sink. I asked my hubby who in the heck ate it that fast and he sheepishly admitted he ate half of it. HA!! Well, there’s his dinner for the night! Our four kids and niece finished off the rest. I was stuck scraping the sides with Food Should Taste Good™ Jalapeno chips. Typical.
Such an easy recipe and you probably have most of the items on hand. Well, if you’re like my AZ dwelling family who adores Mexican food, you will! I was out of fresh jalapenos but had the rest hangin’ around.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 6 pre-cooked pieces of bacon crispy
- 4.5 oz can diced chilies
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- 6 oz Greek yogurt
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- Cook bacon on high 20 seconds. (Can use regular bacon, this is faster!)
- Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Stir together yogurt, cream cheese, and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Fold in fold in fresh jalapenos, diced chilies, bacon and cumin.
- Transfer dip to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish or an 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned around the edges and almost bubbling in the center, 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle dip with remainder of cheddar cheese and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with Food Should Taste Good™Jalapeno or Cantina Tortilla Chips.
Original recipe credit goes to Food Should Taste Good™, we added some cumin + extra cheese to spice/fatten it up a smidge.
I was tempted to dig in with that giant spoon… :: Enter self-restraint::
The debate wasn’t about whether the dip was good…but which chip flavor they liked better? I had them sample the classic Cantina chip and the flavorful Jalapeno chip:
Food Should Taste Good™ tortilla chips are great for snacking solo since they have sophisticated flavors. They’re also perfect with a fresh dip or yummy hummus! Bonus: all Food Should Taste Good™ tortilla chip varieties are gluten free, have zero grams trans-fat, are certified Kosher AND certified non GMO.
But you know my family’s favorite pairing snack is this easy dip!
Please pin it so your friends can make this yummy recipe too!
BIG thanks to Food Should Taste Good™ for sending us these yummy chips plus compensating us for this post. As always, opinions are our own, please see our disclosure. And thanks to YOU for supporting companies that keep our free recipes + tutorials rockin’ and rollin’! Keep up with FSTG on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
our crazy good bacon mac n’ cheese hot dogs,
this fabulous southwestern club sandwich,
plus check out these 11 perfect appetizers for game day!!