For a great recipe to do with the kids for an easy snack, these apple sauce pie tarts are a great option. Like pop tarts, they can be filled with your choice of filling, and are easily hand-held! The best part is they are quick with just a few easy ingredients and even a great option for toddlers!
This version of an apple pie tart is perfect for the colder months… eat them any time of day!
Apple sauce pie tarts
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp corn starch
- Pie crust
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix the apple sauce, spices, corn starch and maple syrup in a small pot over low to medium heat. While it is heating, cut your pie crust into rectangles however big you would like your tarts to be. You will need a top and bottom, so if you make 8 rectangles, you will have 4 resulting tarts.
- On half of the pie crust rectangles, use a fork to poke vent holes for the tarts.
- Once the apple sauce pie mixture has heated up, but not boiling, remove from heat and put a spoonful (about a table spoon) onto the other half of the pie crust rectangles.
- Gently spread the mix into a shallow layer onto those pie crusts, and place the rectangles with the fork holes on top forming the sandwhiched tarts. Use the fork to press the edges of the tarts together.
- Whisk the egg and gently brush onto your pie tarts so they will for a darkened crusty shine when baked.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cool.
I hope your kids enjoy these pie tarts as much as mine did! What other filling would you use?
A big thanks to cute Stephanie for being here today! Her pie tarts are not only wrapped so cute but look delicious! Be sure to stop by Life Created for more eye candy!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!