I was looking for inspiration for my Halloween swap gift and of course began browsing my Pinterest Halloween board where I saw this cute tut. I got to work and within my daughter’s naptime, had a fun pumpkin trio set for my swap partner:
Note: I did alter the original tutorial 🙂
To make your own, you’ll need:
- (1) 2×4: Cut in sizes 6″, 8″ and 10″ heights
- (1) Chunky stick, cut into 3 pieces with saw
- (3) Headless nails
- Chisel & Hammer (wear gloves)
- Mouse sander
- Orange acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Coordinating brown ribbon
To make these bad boys:
1. Cut a 2×4 into 3 sizes: 6″, 8″ and 10″
2. Use mouse sander to sand away splinters/rough edges
3. Use chisel to create pumpkin-like grooves
4. Discover 4-year old’s pictures while you were chiseling 😉
5. Smother blocks in orange pumpkin-y paint
6. Distress pumpkins with black paint
Take a break and catch up on DVR’d shows wait for paint to dry 🙂
1. After paint is dry, drill nail-size hole into wood
2. Add wood glue onto headless nail
3. Insert headless nail into drilled hole
4. Cut wood stick into 3 pieces (mine are between 1.5-2.5″)
5. Drill hole into stick
6. Lightly hammer stick into nail so there’s no gap
When wood glue is dry, top with ribbon and that’s that!
Your pumpkin trio set is all ready for display:
I am getting SO STINKIN’ EXCITED for the holidays as my home is getting more & more festive each week… is yours done? Have you not started (like Kristi?)
Check out all our fall/autumn ideas like the double-sided pumpkins…they’re a simplified version of these cute pumpkins. And out another altered tutorial, this cute aged canned ring pumpkin.
We think you’ll like our painted pumpkins too!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!