We’re sad to say goodbye to our adorable mother/daughter blogging duo, Aimee + Ellen. They’ve been contributing amazing recipes for your enjoyment for the past year and we simply adore them. Thanks so much, ladies, we know you’ve grown and are so happy you both! XO
Hey Lolly Jane readers, its Aimee again from Like Mother, Like Daughter and I’m bringing you another delicious and easy recipe this month! With the Fourth of July just around the corner, I figured this mini cherry pies recipe are the perfect treat to share with you today! When I think of summer desserts I think of fruit and what’s more American than cherry pie?
These mini cherry pies are even better than regular pie because they’re just so darn adorable, and isn’t that star on top perfect for the Fourth of July? And they’re simple to make with literally only 4 ingredients!
Mini Cherry Pies
- 1 package containing 2 pie crusts
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS water
- 1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2) Using a 2.5 inch cookie cutter, or cup, cut circles out of your pie crust. Place each circle in a mini muffin spot and press down.
- 3) Put 2-3 cherries, plus a little filling into each "pie".
- 4) Cut stars out of the remaining pie crust with 1.5 inch cookie cutters or just using a knife.
- 5) Place star on top of each pie.
- 6) Combine 1 egg and water in a small bowl and whisk together.
- 7) Using a silicone brush, spread egg wash over the top of each pie.
- 8) Place pan in oven and bake for about 25 minutes until crust is golden.
- 9) Allow to cool for about 5 minutes in pan before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These treats are simple to make and dangerously simple to eat, just pop one, or two in your mouth 🙂 Or top them with whipped cream for an even more decadent dessert.
Check out more of LMLD’s summery treats:
Looking for more berry dessert ideas? Check out these recipes!
plus all of our 4th of July ideas like this easy patriotic painted pot!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!