If you’re looking for a no-frills mantel that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to deck your halls this season, you have arrived! Meet our simple eucalyptus styled mantel that is eASY to replicate in under 5 minutes!
We’re back for the easiest mantel in the history of ever to spruce up your festive space, and be sure to stick with us for a special treat at the end. (Hint: 26 more mantel ideas!)
Simple Eucalyptus Styled Mantel
I had this idea to run by my local Home Depot to nab excess branches in their throw-away pile (to use as a garland) like I’ve done in years past but alas, I forgot I live in Phoenix, Arizona and our Christmas tree lots don’t make their debut until mid-December as the tree branches get too crusty and brittle if you put them out too early. Instead of using faux, I simply walked out my front door with some kitchen shears and snipped a few branches from my eucalyptus tree just a few feet from my porch. It was much more convenient and total cost was $0, holla!
Supplies to make a Simple Eucalyptus Styled Mantel
- 3-4′ Garland (eucalyptus garland linked)
- White Candles (candle sticks optional)
- XL Chalkboard or Sign
- Christmas berries or sprigs
I’ve had this awesome chalkboard that’s been my go-to to double as an accent piece, center stage for a wreath display, or just as a station for my nieces/nephews to scribble on! I simply had Kristi freehand JOYEUX NOEL across the board. BAM. Instant Christmas decor!
Directions to make a Simple Eucalyptus Styled Mantel
- Cut/acquire eucalyptus branches
- Drape eucalyptus branches across mantel
- Place chalkboard against wall (or hang above) over the eucalyptus branches
- Place candles across mantel (we did 2 trios on either side of the chalkboard)
- Tip: Set 1-2 candles on candlesticks or mini cake stands for height variations
- Add a few festive springs of pine branches or berries within eucalyptus branches
- That’s it! Garnish with anything else you prefer but we prefer to keep ours as minimalist and simple this year! (Wish us luck, haha)
You can accent around your mantel with ornaments to make it more Christmasy, or add twinkle lights. Get as creative (or simpler) as you wish!
Ready for 26 other gorgeous mantels?! Check them out below, you will love them all!! 🙂
Today I’m joined by a group of my talented blogging friends who are also sharing their holiday mantel and vignettes ideas with you… click the names under the pictures to be swept into a winter wonderland! 😉