We are so jealous of those of you who have a pretty fall with changing leaves and fresh pumpkins and get to wear sweaters when the sun goes down. It’s still over 105 degrees here in Arizona. We had to make a sign to make our home feel more like fall, you know, to match the pumpkin scent we have burning and our fake pumpkins. We are all about wreaths and signs so we decided to combine the two to bring you this pretty Happy Fall sign, which was shared on DecoArt’s blog years ago.
This requires 3 layers but is really easy to make!
- Wood. Our measures 11″ x 18″ (wood from The Wood Connection)
- DecoArt Stain
- DecoArt White Acrylic
- DecoArt Mustard Yellow Acylic
- inexpensive foam brushes
- stencil below (design created on our vinyl cutter)
- Stain wood, let dry.
- Cut wreath stencil.
- Apply wreath stencil (this is peeled off regularly), smooth down.
- Paint wood white, let dry.
- Apply lettering stencil (this is negative spaced peeled off so you can paint inside it), smooth down.
- Paint inside of it yellow.
- Remove stencil when dry.
That’s all there is to it. Really easy.
and our autumn sign decor too!