Trash to treasure: spindle ornaments!
We’re back with our amazing Blog Hop group, this month’s theme is handmade ornaments!
We love the 10th of the month where we can share some of our favorite friend’s talent! With Christmas coming (HOORAY!!!), and trees sure to go up in just a couple of weeks, we were excited this month for the theme to be Handmade Ornaments. There are so many fun & creative ornaments to choose from– felt, glitter, vintage goodness, bright & cheery, traditional, child-oriented, and more! You’re sure to find one that fits your tree theme–or a new theme you want to start! We’d love for you to pin the collage below, check out my SPINDLE ORNAMENTS and then go see all of the other fabulous projects created by some of my blogger besties.
- Simply Kierste sharing Ruler Ornaments
- ‘Or So She Says…’ sharing Snow Globe Christmas Ornaments
- Lolly Jane sharing DIY Spindle Ornaments
- Your Homebased Mom sharing Pottery Barn Knock Off Glitter Letter
- Eighteen25 sharing Felt Ornaments
- Landeelu sharing Newsprint Ornaments
- Little Miss Momma sharing School Picture Ornaments
- Capturing Joy sharing Nativity Fabric Ornaments
- Thirty Handmade Days sharing Bright & Cheery Christmas Ornament
- Old chairs/handful of spindles
- Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brush
- Eye Hooks
- Drill + Small Bit
- Bakers Twine
- Cut your junk chair top in half so you can remove the spindles.
- Paint in various acrylic paint colors.
- Pre-drill in one end.
- Screw in eye hook.
- Sand to desired want *optional
- String bakers twine through eye hook & hang
What a clever use for spindles! I like the dimension and texture it gives…not your typical “orb”. Cool!
Thank you, Anne! Kinda fun to make something junky turn Christmasy! (;
As usual your creativity is amazing!! Love these and especially the color combo!!
Hi, your design are so great . thank you so much 🙂
What a lovely upcycle!
Love them! They turned out great!
I love these – the colors are perfect (my Christmas scheme includes turquoise and red) and I love old spindles. What a great reuse of that chair. Heading over to visit some of the other ideas now… You’ve got me thinking about Upcycling for ornaments. Hmmm
No shock here that I love these! Adorable. The colors are perfect too!
Well aren’t you ladies so creative??? These are so fun, add a great touch of texture and color to a tree!