- Package of nutter butter cookies
- White melting chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- Mini M&M’s (or edible candy eyeballs)
- Clear gift baggies
- Bakers twine or ribbon in Halloween hues
- Follow melting chocolate instructions.
- While chocolate is still warm, dip entire nutty buddy and set on flat surface.
- Immediately drop 2 mini M&M’s onto the top of each cookie to make “eyes”.
- Using a skewer, (this is where the littles take over and make a mess!) fling warm chocolate across cookies… make sure to add some chocolate across part of the eyes so they appear to be covered like a mummy. 😉
- Let dry and slowly peel off of surface.
Pretty easy, right?
Making these were a cinch and the kids loved to help… and sample! 😉
To dress these mummies up, simply pop a paper straw into the cookie base, place them into a clear treat bag then tie with bakers twine or ribbon. Viola! A quick and easy Halloween party favor. We dare you to give these spooky Halloween treats away to other mummy friends of yours! LOL. 😉 Seriously cute!
You know what’s NOT cute, though? The crusty mess left from dried chocolate!
Before and after hosting festive parties and holiday guests this season (think of cute little trick-or-treaters dirty hands!), remember to disinfect other germ hot spots like doorknobs, light switches, faucets and plastic toys. Using an EPA-registered disinfectant like Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, which helps reduce the spread of cold and flu viruses. We live in cold country now (northern AZ) my poor kiddo’s are sure to get a runny nose any day now! To help put a stop to the spread of germs this holiday season, be sure to get vaccinated, wash your hands frequently with warm water with soap for at least 20 seconds, (we sing the ABC’s at our house while washing up), do the elbow cough, and follow other good health guidelines. Fingers crossed we can stop those gross cooties, (as my 3-year old calls them.)
Not only does it disinfect but seriously, check out that shine on my craft table! Woop! So tell us, how do YOU stay healthy during the holidays? Leave a comment telling us and you will be entered to win a $100 VISA gift card!
* * * GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED * * *
* * * GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED * * *
Good luck! Winner will be notified via email. Be sure to check out our other Halloween treats and recipes here. 😉
RULES: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
The Fine Print: This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 10/30/2013 – 11/27/2013
Be sure to visit the sponsor’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win! Good luck!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post, however, my thoughts and opinions are my own.