Hey hey hey! We’re adding to our ever growing Halloween decor with a skeleton wreath and there’s no bones about it that today’s tutorial is super cute… get it? Bones? Skeleton? Hahaha… (;
This project was inspired by BHG’s skeleton wreath– seriously adorable!
We wanted to incorporate some orange into ours but still loved the black and whites so that concept was a keeper! We snagged some gorgeous FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® decorative 12″ mesh in yummy Halloween colors: orange, purple, white and green. Because we were creating our skeleton wreath opposite of BHG’s, we used the orange deco mesh to wrap our straw wreath paired with some black&white striped ribbon for the bow.
Besides the deco mesh and ribbon, we also used glitter + mod podge to cover a dollar store plastic skull. Be sure to have a foam brush and glue gun ready, too! We promise this was a snap to put together and within an hour (or less) from start to finish it was hanging on the front door ready to welcome spooky Halloween guests!
- Using your foam brush, apply a thin coat of mod podge onto the plastic skull.
- Working in sections, immediately shake (or pour) glitter over the mod podge.
- To avoid glitter all.over.the.house, cover skull with a light spray varnish, (sold in any craft/hobby store.)
- Wrap your decorative mesh around the straw wreath form.
- To secure the end of the deco mesh to the wreath form, simply add a dab of hot glue.
- Tie a pretty double bow (we found our chunky striped ribbon from Michael’s) and knot it.
- Hot glue the skull to the wreath form, then the bow under the skull directly to the wreath form.
- Viola! Enjoy! (:
This wreath is such a fun addition to our recent Halloween decor like our stenciled bunting, painted pumpkins and Halloween marquee letters and fun Halloween font roundup. Holy moly it’s only mid-September and we’re almost decked to the max with October’s cute holiday… almost! (;
We are totally lovin’ the bright orange deco mesh paired with the neutral black and silver!
Be sure to visit Make it Fun: Crafts for more fun Halloween ideas like a cute candy corn family, darling glittery bats and eerie foam tombstones. #MakeitFunCrafts