Heaven help me, these babies are trouble. How can you say no to an ooey gooey marshmallow covered in a rich creamy caramel and then rolled in rice krispies?
Even the strictest calorie counter can’t resist them!
Curiosity got the best of me when I was making a batch of these lovelies and I had to try a few different variations. I rolled some marshmallows in chocolate rice krispies and some in chopped peanuts. Oh man were they amazing. I also think it would be really good to drizzle chocolate over the top of the marshmallows. The possibilities are endless with this recipe.
So let your family join in the fun and see who can come up with the tastiest combination!
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11 oz.) bag of Kraft Caramel Bits
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 (16oz.) bag of large marshmallows
- 7 cups of rice krispies
- Wax paper
- Place the rice krispies in a shallow baking dish and set aside.
- Over medium-low heat, melt the butter, vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk, and caramel bits together while stirring constantly until smooth and creamy.
- Stick a toothpick into the top of a marshmallows; carefully dip the marshmallow into the caramel.
- Hold the marshmallow above the pan to allow any excess caramel to drip of the marshmallow. Roll the marshmallow in the rice krispies until coated completely.
- Place the marshmallow on the wax paper to cool. Repeat this process with the remaining marshmallows.
- Can be topped with chocolate or other cereals for tasty variations!