Spruce up your summer mantel with these simple tips and decor perfect to welcome the season of sunshine!
When the seasons change and it’s time for a mantel refresh, before we run out to shop, we take a lap or two around our own home and gather this and that to see if we can make it work. This summer we were in luck that we only purchased one item that really pulls the space together and was less than $15. Decor win! Before we get to the details, scroll down at the end of this post to see a round up of 15 other pretty summer mantels!
Simple summer mantel decor
I have to admit that pink flamingos reminds me of old ladies and I’ve never been drawn to them, despite them being pink which has been my favorite color since I was a tot. When I saw a ceramic flamingo pitcher at JoAnn this week (and 40% off!) I was surprisingly drawn to it and put it in my cart with the intent to try it on my summer mantel and thought, “Well hey, the pop of pink could be fun… and if not then it makes for a cute summer pitcher!”
HOW TO DECORATE A SUMMER mantel
Decorating a mantel is a cinch. Here’s a few tips for how to style a mantel, regardless of the season:
- Start with the largest pieces first. I found these 2 chunky wooden candle sticks at a local vintage market and put those in the back.
- Set the next largest decor pieces around, going out, and spacing them so you can tuck smaller pieces in between. I used a large lantern (with a similar wood tone as the candlesticks) and a collection of vintage blue mason jars.
- To add some height, add greenery. I grabbed a pair of shears and snipped some branches from random plants in my yard as well as a few floral stems of some sort, then tucked them in glass jars.
- Add a vase for a pop of color, in this case a pink flamingo will do! 😉 I stacked the rest of the branches inside the vase for contrasting hues.
- Add texture. I laid a beaded garland across the bottom to add texture and blend the pops of wood tones together.
- Lastly, knick knacks! I used a leftover corbel to fill a space then popped a sun hat off of my entryway hook to really pull off the summer vibe! Done and done. 🤗
OTHER summer mantel decor IDEAS
Today we’re joined by a talented group of creatives who are also sharing their Summer Mantel or Vignette Styling Ideas as part of the Seasonal Simplicity Summer Series. From printables to art and DIY’s, check out this collection of pretty summer decor! Take a looksie. 🙂