As one of the new monthly contributors, I’m pretty excited to be sharing some recipes here at Lolly Jane! My first recipe is an easy soup PERFECT for the days after Easter dinner and using up your leftovers!
Certain foods get equated with certain holidays. In my mind, Easter means ham. Not those boneless precooked ones, but the big, thick bone down the middle, marbled with fat, salty and strong flavored ham. When I was a kid my mom would make a sweet and a little bit sour mustardy pineapple sauce that I would happily smear all over each thickly cut piece. Yum!
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 3-5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 /2 chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp thyme
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 boiling potatoes, diced and peeled
- 3 cups diced leftover ham
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- In a heavy stock pot, melted the margarine and fry the garlic and onion until the onions turn clear.
- Add in the thyme and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the flour over top and whisk in until moistened.
- Turn up the heat! Add in the chicken stock and milk and bring to boil.
- Add in 2 cups of the diced ham and the potatoes.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Pour half the soup into your blender (or use an immersion blender right in the pot) and blend it up and pour back into the bowl.
- Add in other cup of diced ham.
- Serve with more grated cheese.
How brilliant is Rhonda? I am personally excited to make this chowder and pack it up for my husbands lunch next Monday! YUM!
Reeses Mini Cookies, (although in Canada they call say Reese. Cool!)
BBQ S’mores (perfect for the upcoming summer nights!)
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!