Hi Lolly Jane readers, its Aimee from Like Mother Like Daughter. The weather is warming up, its official spring and I’m ready for all things summer! This summer will be my son’s first time camping and I can’t wait to take him. And camping means — bonfires and s’mores! These s’mores peanut butter cookie bars are almost as good as roasting s’mores over the fire. But now in addition to the great tastes of chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker – we’re adding in peanut butter and making it all into a delicious cookie bar!
So you start with a peanut butter cookie bar base, I altered the recipe for my peanut butter blondies. Then mix in some chocolate chips, and some reeses’ peanut butter cups. Bake it all up and then top it with marshmallows and broil for about a minute to get them nice and toasty. Carefully cut them up and serve!
You’ll love this amazingly fabulous peanut butter, chocolate and marshmallow treat!
Snag the recipe here:
S'mores Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped Reeses's peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth.
- Add in your peanut butter and mix till smooth.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, crush your graham crackers into small pieces.
- Add your flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl with your graham crackers.
- Dump your dry ingredients in with your wet ingredients and stir till just combined.
- Fold your peanut butter cup pieces and your chocolate chips into your batter.
- Scoop your batter from the bowl into a sprayed 9x13 baking pan and spread with a rubber spatula to even it out.
- Bake your cookie bars for about 30 minutes, until edges turn golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over the top of your cookie bars.
- Place back into your oven and turn to broil. Cook for about 1 minute, but watch super closely till the marshmallows are just toasted.
- Sprinkle with a couple extra pieces of peanut butter cups and chocolate chips for decoration (optional).
- Allow to cool, and slice into pieces and serve. (Spray your knife with pam in between each slice to keep marshmallows off as much as possible).
Perfect for cool summer nights!
If you like these cookie bars, then I think you’ll like these other treats, too!