It’s about time I make a Christmas countdown calendar for my kiddos since my oldest is pushing 10! I love all the fun advents out there but since we travel to Utah for the holidays, it would be difficult to transport. And anyway, AZ is so hot…the chocolate ones would
be eaten by me melt anyway (; This Christmas Countdown Magnet Calendar will be perfect to pack in our luggage as we enjoy a white Christmas this year.
To make your own, you need just a few supplies and access to vinyl lettering.
- 12 x 12 wood or MDF, router the edges
- 10 x 10 bead board
- 9 1/2 x 9 1/2 sheet metal
- vinyl lettering
- hot glue
- Gather supplies, cut vinyl lettering
- Paint edge of wood turquoise.
- Hot glue bead board onto wood.
- Apply vinyl lettering in layers.
- Use 3 colors, apply the numbers last to ensure it’s lined up.
- Hot glue an ornament, finial, etc onto a magnet. Done!
Pretty darn easy, right? This would be really cost effective to make with a group of friends as you can buy the wood in bulk at Home Depot and cut it down. They do sell plaques at craft stores if you want to go that route. I paid $5 for all my supplies BUT that’s a smokin deal since our church had a craft night and I bought the leftover supplies at cost.
I love it how it matches my silver and blue decor but more importantly, my kids love it!
Come back tomorrow to check out our roundup of 30 DIY Christmas Advent Calendars!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!