Do you have lots of leftover candy from Halloween? I know we do! We love all of My Name is Snickerdoodle recipes she shares here, today is no different! These Candy Dipped Brownies look amazing! Take it away, Amy! My kids go nuts for brownies! They are one of those fun go to recipes that you can make in usually under 30 minutes. Boxed brownies are great in their own right, but if you want a truly wonderful treat, make them from scratch!
Feel free to frost them, but they are even better when they are dipped in chocolate then coated in candy! Hello! I’m thinking these would be so fun to make this holiday season for neighbor gifts, for your kids teachers or for those festive parties. Use seasonal candies to take it over the top!
Candy Dipped Brownies
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 lg eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- assortments of candies and sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Lightly spray a 10x10 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave proof bowl melt together butter and 2 cups chocolate chips for about 1 minute.
- Once melted mix in sugar and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat in one egg at a time and blend until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, cocoa powder and flour together.
- Fold in flour mixture to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool completely before cutting.
- Cut into 16 squares then each square in half into a triangle.
- To Dip
- 1. In two microwave bowls, melt semi sweet chocolate and white chocolate until melted. About 1 minute stirring after each 10 seconds.
- 2. Pour crushed candies or sprinkles into separate bowls.
- 3. Dip the long side of the brownie triangle into the melted chocolate. Shake off some of the excess.
- 4. Dip into candies or sprinkles.
- 5. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and allow for the chocolate to set up. About 1 hour at room temp.
Please pin so your friends can enjoy this yummy recipe too!
Here are some other fun holiday treats!